The alliance is based on the desire of its partners to "do together what they cannot do alone," concentrating on opportunities arising from multidisciplinary collaboration.
VisionThe design community working together for a world that is balanced, inclusive and sustainable.
MissionTo bring the benefits of design to world bodies, governments, business and society.
- To serve as the collective voice of design
- To develop and share knowledge of design around the world
- To stimulate innovation through multidisciplinary design collaboration
- To promote the mutual interest of all design professions
- To encourage the use and value of design by building relationships with world bodies
GovernanceThe alliance is governed by the IDA Executive Committee, which consists of nine members. These members are appointed by the Executive Boards at the first board meeting immediately following the General Assemblies of each partner and serve until the next General Assembly.
2011-2013 IDA Executive Committee
- Ms. Iva Babaja, Icograda Secretary General
- Mr. Soon In Lee, Icsid President
- Ms. Shashi Caan, IFI President
- Ms. Gitte Just, Icograda Treasurer
- Mr. Lawrence Zeegen, Icograda Vice President
- Mr. Brandon Gien, Icsid President Elect
- Prof. Dr. Peter Zec, Icsid Senator
- Ms. Madeline Lester, IFI Past President
- Ms. Marilena Farruggia, icograda Managing Director
- Ms. Dilki de Silva, Icsid Secretary General
The IDA Congress is the primary event for dialogue between designers and non-design stakeholders in a summit format. The Taiwan Design Centre hosted the inaugural 2011 IDA Congress. Istanbul Technical University will host the 2013 IDA Congress. Gwangju has been announced as the host city for 2015 IDA Congress. It will be hosted by Korea Craft & Design Foundation and Gwangju Metropolitan City.
The IDA Partners lead individual projects whose content and outcomes are shared to facilitate the development of international best practice. These initiatives reflect the IDA's mandate to act as the collective voice for design.